|Our Historic Buildings|
The First Unitarian Society of Ann Arbor was incorporated in the old Ann Arbor court house on January 21, 1867 under the ministry of Charles H. Brigham when they purchased and dedicated the old Methodist Church on the southwest corner of 5th and Ann Streets. In the Fall of 1882 the society moved into the Romanesque building they constructed on the corner of State and Huron, now occupied by Hobbs and Black Architects.
In 1946 the congregation purchased the Dr. Dean Myers family home and moved to the stone chalet (built in 1916) located at 1917 Washtenaw Ave, now serving as the Stone Chalet B&B. The congregation added a large addition to that church, designed by University of Michigan architecture professor George B. Brigham, in 1956.
Two of our buildings, the Hobbs and Black building and 1917 Washtenaw, are registered historic buildings.
We held our first service in our 4001 Ann Arbor - Saline Road location January 24, 1999. Our Religious Education Wing was dedicated November 14, 2004.